Graffiti on the Berlin Wall from the east, Berlin, Germany (Photo: Gosia Głowacka, December 2013)
East Side Gallery – the gallery-memorial for freedom created by artists from around the world on a part of the Berlin Wall with a length of 1316 m, located near the East Railway Station in Berlin.
The gallery consists of about 106 paintings. The first images were created by Christine Mac Lean in December 1989 after the fall of the Wall. Kasra Alavi, Kani Alavi, Jim Avignon, Thierry Noir, Ingeborg Blumenthal, and Ignasi Blanch Gisbert and others very soon followed her by creating probably the world’s largest picture gallery in the open air.